- Handles all registration of professionals and operators(individual and institutional applicants) in the Nigerian Extractive Industry;
- Monitoring and evaluation of professionals and operators in the Nigerian Extractive Industry;
- Professional development trainings of members;
- Professional accreditation of mining engineering, geosciences and related courses offered in Nigerian tertiary institutions;
- Handles professional investigations;
- Oversees ICT unit
- Handles appointments, promotions, training, discipline, welfare and overall wellbeing of staff.
- Handles general services such as security, utilities and office cleaning
- Oversees stores unit.
Finance & Accounts department:
- Handles all financial matters, including budgeting, revenue collection, payments, and issuance of treasury receipts for all payments made to COMEG.
- Handles procurement activities, adverts for bidding for supplies and contracts, as required.
Internal audit functions.
To be reviewed
Adapt from functions of MMSD Procurement Department contents